Friday 28 January 2011

The Seasonal Greenman: And the Wheel Turns


Hi Everyone!

So this is my first post on my blog , I'm pretty excited. As some of you may already know I have been working with moving through the seasons with meditative painting. One of the energies I am working with to do this is that of the Greenman, a fertile living masculine energy. Usually depicted as a man wearing a mask of leaves or a man with a face made of leaves he represents the vital masculine energy in Nature. I have started this series with 2 smaller pieces of the traditional Greenman and then moved on with the seasons, laying the first coat of colour down, on the dusk of the Fall Equinox, onto the Vernal Greenman

Today I heard the call of the Dormant Wintry Greenman, whose icy barren branches hold the last leaves of Fall and in whose heart sleeps the possibility of Spring. His voice whispers to me of the winds of winter and their hollow tales howling around Him, of evergreens tall, dark and somber whispering the mysteries to one another, of the movement of squirrels and birds who make their home in him, who seek refuge there, of sacred age old patterns in the snow at his roots. All this and so much more. The canvas is on my easel, waiting, as this energy processes itself in my heart and mind. As an image forms, that itself will see transformaion through the organic creative process, I open myself up to this and wait to see what reveals itself...what His beautiful face will look like as it emerges from my canvas.... I'll share it with you when He is done. Wishing you all the blessings of Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment